Blaze in the Wild are a group of 13 – 25 year olds based in East Lancashire who are passionate about protecting our local, natural environment.
They’re working in partnership with Super Slow Way and Burnley Words Festival, to explore how the arts can be used to celebrate and protect our unique landscape. The group would like to invite more young people to get involved and work with local artists, writers and community organisations to creatively explore local habitats and the issues affecting them.
Together young people will plan and create a temporary exhibition or art installation in an empty shop window in Burnley as part of Burnley Words Festival.
If you’re aged 13 – 25 and interested in joining this project, get in touch now by filling in this short form. The project will started in November 2022 and will run through Spring 2023. The group meet once a week, usually on Monday evenings but sometimes at the weekend. The project is free to take part in and travel expenses can be
Reasons to get involved:
– Meet new people and make new friends
– Work with creative professionals and get an insight into creative careers
– Get out in nature and discover new things about the area where you live
– Play a part in protecting our planet
– Develop skills and experience for your CV
Blaze in the Wild is supported by: